YOU GOT THE GOLD BUT I GOT THE VOGUE

I have spent my whole life chasing dreams and failing miserably. Some people call it faith - some people call it magic thinking or the “secret.”

My ex-wife called it “lying.”

I used to walk miles every day in Surrey listening to Toni Braxton telling me to “Breathe Again.” I would create visualizations of getting back to LA and showing my wife I wasn’t the “loser” she dumped. That dream never happened.

I used to walk miles in Burnaby listening to Babyface ask me “When will I see you again.” I’d envision being famous and getting the Maple Ridge Girl to come back to me. That dream never happened.

I used to walk for miles on Hollywood Boulevard listening to homeless people telling me to give them spare change or read their script. I envisioned getting on Letterman and telling all of those people who didn’t believe in me, “Revenge is a dish best served out of my ass.” That dream never happened.

I used to walk a few blocks on Granville listening to people be mad at the Canucks on their way to the Roxy. I’d walk by the Vogue Theatre and envision my name on the marquee.

On October 2nd

THAT DREAM HAPPENS!!!!!

It was faith, magic thinking, and lying. I did all of that but what really made this dream come true is

BLIND AMBITION

Come and let me thank you, Canada.